Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Tis the Day


It is the day before Thanksgiving, Turkey's in the 'fridge, thawing I hope! I'm pretty sure I have the menu down for tomorrow. So today I'm gonna pre-make everything I can! (Maybe) It's been several years since I've made a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, Turkey and all the fixings. So here's to tradition!

                                           

I also have a few projects going on in the craft room, Reusable paper towels, (which the Mr. just rolled his eyes over), a somewhat smaller winter messenger bag for me, chew toy for Mia Cara, and still working on the last couple of Christmas presents! I just couldn't seem to settle on one project. (mmm, 1,2,3... oh shiney!)



                                             
All 13 cut out...
Fabric.. quilters flannel and terry cloth
All but the snaps... 12 more to go

I love the tutorial I found.... Pinterest or All Sewing, I can't remember which, but it's now pinned
 http://www.sewastraightline.com/2010/04/rolled-kitchen-towels-tutorial-and.html I added the binding, due to a jelly roll on clearance which just happened to be in the perfect colors!



All that's left is the handle... 
Inside.

This purse had a couple of different inspirations behind it... But mostly the design is mine. And I tweaked the making of it..  But I made the first few using....
http://crazylittleprojects.com/2012/09/messenger-bag-tutorial.html
She write a killer tutorial!! Easy to follow and tons of pictures. I'll take better pictures of the details when I get it all done. I think it's gonna turn out just the way I pictured in my head... ;)


Tomorrow is for food, family and thanks!! I hope all y'all have a great Thanksgiving!! (and thanks for reading!)
  

     





No comments:

Post a Comment