Monday, October 8, 2012

Parent Teacher Conferences....

Parent, Teacher conferences.... strikes fear in the hearts of all parents. Is my child good, do they follow directions, are they polite.... any number of these and other questions run through most everybody's mind. It can be madding..... and normally what you hear are all good things.  For a foster parent, parent teacher conferences are just as nerve racking as they are revealing, for both the teacher and the parent. The teachers spend quite a bit of time, (almost as much as the parents) with the kids so they can offer insights to said child's behaviors, and sometimes motivations. Having good communication with the teachers is so important! And be involved with your child's education.... It will pay huge dividends later. So here is my shout out to all the Teachers out there!!!      

1 comment:

  1. See you are up too.
    Had a heck of a time finding your blog. Itold you I am puter impaired. Located it in my old sents because I could not yet remember the whole name. I need to leanr sooo much about navigating the net. Got a good recipe for you to try. So simple and so good. This is my friend Dian's recipe. I added the chestnuts

    Broccoli Cornbread
    Preheat 400 and bake 20-25 minutes
    thick use 8x8 inch pan or thin 9x13 inch

    1 package of jiffy cornbread (any mix should do)
    3 eggs
    1 stick of melted butter or marg.
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1-10 oz. package of chopped broccoli/drained
    option (drained chopped water chestnuts)

    ReplyDelete